If you are running an older version of Puppet, we’re here to help! Versions prior to Puppet 6 are unsupported, and we'd love to get you on the latest version. Beyond making your security administrator happy and passing your security audits, migrating allows you to access new features and integrations that are only available on supported versions of open source Puppet.
- Data types let you ditch the complex parameter validation code and let Puppet do it for you. Better, cleaner, easier, safer.
- Deferred functions can be run on the agent during catalog application for integration with secrets managers and other sources of data.
- Sensitive data type keeps your secrets secret, just like they should be.
- Automatic parameter lookup eliminates complex logic using per-module and environment Hiera data
- The all-new Resource API makes writing new types much easier.
- Use any PowerShell DSC Resource right in Puppet code.
- Many modules on the Puppet Forge have dropped compatibility with unsupported Puppet versions, including all Vox Pupuli modules.
- It's a whole lot faster.