In this release
- Plans that use the run_task_with() plan function can now be tested with BoltSpec. For more information about testing your plans with Bolt's built-in testing library, see testing plans.
- You can now run Docker containers as a step in your plan using the new run_container() plan function. This function runs a Docker container with an optional command and returns its output. To learn more about using this new function, see the documentation. This feature is experimental and is subject to change between releases.
- The following bundled modules have been updated to their latest versions:
- Bolt no longer warns about the plugin_hooks and version options being unknown options in an inventory file.
- Using dotted fact names in Bolt is now deprecated. For more information, see the related developer update.
Check out the full release notes here